Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Change in ME....

Well last night was the first night that we have had Q since I've been reading this book and trying to make changes and even tho I don't feel any progress has been made with Rebel I do feel like I have changed a bit. Sometimes I feel like I'm a little short with the family because I'm stressed with whats going on with Rebel and I didn't feel like that last night. On Monday Rebel asked me if Q read at all over Christmas break with us, I said yes let me pull up her reading record and I'll let you know the times so I got on the computer and pulled up the week and text her all of it and heard nothing after that... Then Tuesday morning after Q is at school I get a text from her saying that since she never heard back from me that she just wrote on Q's chart that she read 20 min a day. Now that's weird since I sent her 3 different text about the reading and when she doesn't get a response she usually sends another text something like "HELLO I'M WAITING" but I didn't get anything like that so i responded that no i sent the 3 text and she read way more than that and I resent the text with the min... Well she said Q was already at school and we could change it on the chart tonight if we wanted to then. When we got the chart everything was written in pen so it would have been a total mess to change and I noticed that on the week we had her she put 20 min a day but on the week she had her she put 30 a day... Now this is where i would usually be upset wonder why the hell she's doing this and let it ruin my evening with Q. Not last night we did not fix the reading min because it wasn't worth the mess it would make on her chart and I also didn't let her trying to one up us on the min bother me either or the fact that I believe that she lied about not getting the text, I just didn't care! The truth is that is a very big step for me and I felt like i finally got a little bit of control over myself back! It was a great night with Q and I'm glad I didn't let little things bring me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment